STUDENT INFORMATION - Effective Learning Tips
Effective study habits will help you use your study time more productively.
- Have a regular place to study, free from interruptions and distractions
- Make sure your study area has good lighting and ventilation
- Organise your study area so that the necessary resources are accessible
- Be organised
- Develop a study schedule that suits your 'up' times
- Organise your notes and learning materials in folders or files
- Organise your training material
- Have folders for each subject
Relaxation and exercise
- We learn better when we're relaxed - so learn to relax!
- Look after yourself - eat well and exercise regularly
- Get enough sleep!
- Develop a strong support network.
- Remind yourself why you're doing the course
- Reward yourself when major tasks are completed
- Break things into small tasks - things don't look so daunting if considered in small pieces.